Monday, November 5, 2007

Fished a New Spot

Finally got the car back from my bride and was able to get out on the water today. I read on a forum of an area north east of the Skyway that had some good potential and was an easy "put in". I found it was indeed easy and the fishing was good. I started out with several trout and then a few rat reds. I spent some time exploring and was impressed by the health  of the grass beds. Bait was popping every where but no major size fish were in the schools. I was having problems with the floating grass so the top water action was a little slow. I was able to burn up a few old used paddle tails on the pinfish and puffers. Once the wind died down I moved way out near the channel still suprised how shallow the water remained. I worked a Black and Chartreuse Skitterwalk when I saw the back of a red fish following my lure. He took 4 swipes at it before finally finding the hooks. An over slot red was brought to the boat with witness's to boot (A couple of nearby stink potters). You will have to wait on the pictures as I only had my disposable. My new optio W30 came tonight.

My wife called me off the water because we had a major water leak under the house....Hopefully this won't interfere with my getting a new trailor tomorrow.

My fishing is only gonna get better!

No comments: